aboutfaqfeaturesgalleryblogrollcontact

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Etspiration Wednesday: The Equestrian Style

Bonjour!

We're having a mini celebration this week for two reasons.

1:  We've discounted all our Keep Calm and British stencils in the store.   Everything in those 2 categories is 20% off in celebration of the close of the Olympic Games!  I watched a lot of the coverage and I have to say, I'm so not athletic.  LOL!  I tip my hat to those Olympic hopefuls who trained for years to get where they are.  I have just enough athletic wherewithal to walk my child on the river for half an hour a day.  In any case, celebrate the spirit of London with our Olympics sale.  They sure did a great job beautifying the East End.

2:  We've launched a new category.  It's small at the moment, but we're proud to present, Equestrian Stencils.  We're shooting for the category to be a meld of American country and French equestrian tradition.  I did some designing these past few weeks for the category and when I was done, I scoped out Etsy to see what wares I could find there that were horse related and I was pleasantly surprised.  There are so many great items, particularly lithograph tins for soaps and such.  I wanted to buy each and every one them.

 Check it out!




1D:  French Vintage Welcome Sign Image Courtesy lapomme

You simply must check out barkdecor.  Really amazing prints.   Love her color choices!






2A:  Horse Trader 12x18 Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
2B:  Pony Express Pillow Image Courtesy StacieAnn

I want to mention here that StacieAnn (feat. in 2B) has awesome pillows.  My personal favorite was, "I like big books and I cannot lie."  As a former librarian, I can attest to the truth of that statement.  Someday I'll do a books Etspiration and throw that pillow in!

 


3A:  Antique Horse Remedy Tin Image Courtesy bellusvanitas
3B:  BF Equestrian Bucket Image Courtesy Bravura
3C:  Propert's Saddle Soap Tin Image Courtesy TroutsJunkShop
3D:  Hippodrome De Longchamp Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils

 You've got to look at the Horse Remedy Tin (3A) close up.  The type is fantastic and that horse is skeletal and so macabre!  I love that there's a line on there that says, "Death to heaves."  Prescription bottles nowadays are so sterile and boring.  Death to hypertension!  Death to arthritis! 



4A:  Dala Horse Red Swedish Pillow Image Courtesy LilleputStudio
4B:  Scandinavian Dala Horse Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
4C:  Vintage Hippodrome Circus Poster Image Courtesy KingPaper

I adore this Dala Horse pillow in 4A.  It's so cheerful and it's even got little rams on it.  Too cute! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see so many new stencils on your webste!!! I also just finished using your Eye Chart Stencil and posted it on my blog. I just love it! Thanks for offering us such unique and high quality stencils!!

    ReplyDelete