aboutfaqfeaturesgalleryblogrollcontact

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Etspiration Wednesday: Birds Birds Birds

You knew it was just a matter of time right?  Until Maisondestencils buckled under the intense pressure of birds.  Birds with crowns.  Birds without crowns.  Birds on pillows!  I saw a post on ApartmentTherapy the other day that whales are the new birds, so I suppose I am hopelessly behind the times, but I still like birds.  (Brb while I go design 4 whale stencils!!) We took a hike on the 4th through this wonderful trail here in Astoria and the weather was absolutely perfect and you could hear jays and all other sorts of songbirds.

Here's a salute to our fine feathered friends.  This is literally the least difficult Etspiration I've ever compiled.  Bird bonanza!



1A:  Bird Wooden Wall Hanging Set Of Three Image Courtesy SweetiePieSuite
1B:  Bird Accent Chair Image Courtesy UrbanMotifs
1C:  Vintage Style Bird Powder Box Image Courtesy DreamingTreeFarm
1D:  Nest 5.5x11.5 Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils


You've got to check out that chair in 1B.  The print is fab, it has cockatoos on it.  My Aunt Shirley had a cockatoo and she used to feed it chicken.  I never really contemplated how bizarre that was until I was much older. 



2A:  Bird In Nest Cup Image Courtesy SodaByAmy
2B:  Un Petit Oiseau Card Set Image Courtesy littlepigeoncardshop
2C:  Bird Wooden Keepsake Box Image Courtesy EspeciallyMade
2D:  Eggs of European Birds Vintage Lithograph Image Courtesy Carambas

I'm loving these cards in 2B.  The french translates to:  A little bird told me.  Too cute!





3A:  Fly Away Bird Burlap Pillow Image Courtesy NextDoorToHeaven
3B:  Birdcage Keep Calm Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
3C:  Nest Wooden Block Set Image Courtesy UniquelyDifferentToo

I absolutely love this Fly Away Pillow in 3A.  I'm a huge Allison Krauss fan and her rendition of that hymn in O Brother, Where Art Thou?  is just perfection.



4A:  Love Definition Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
4B:  Pastel Egg Tags Image Courtesy lacegrl130
4C:  Vintage Ceramic Pie Birds Image Courtesy HippopoVintage
4D:  Bird Decorative Pillow Image Courtesy PillowMio

Growing up, we were never really a pie family.  Mom made this dish called Pineapple Torte, which was my brother's favorite.  As for me, I never met a brownie I didn't like.  But pie, not so much.  Now I know better.  We made this peach and mascarpone pie yesterday, it was a hit.  Anyways, I'd never heard of pie birds until I was an adult watching 'Good Eats.'  (great cooking show, btw)  I really like the look of these two little fellows in 4C.

Got a snazzy feature for you tomorrow!   Tune in, same bird time, same bird channel.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post! Great selections- thank you for including my tags.

    ReplyDelete