aboutfaqfeaturesgalleryblogrollcontact

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Etspiration Wednesday: Christmas In July

Christmas comes early for crafters.  And if you're in the business of supplying crafters, like we are, we have to be even more prepared.  Well we're totally not, we're one half crazed artist and one half type A lady with a baby split apart by 1,000 miles.

But we're in the progress of growing and getting more organized and historically, one of our busiest holidays is Christmas.  So I sat down the other day and designed some new stencils for the most wonderful time of the year.  I took a spin around Etsy and I literally had 12 amazing products inside of 10 minutes.  Not surprising, eh?  And I could have done 10 each of every type of thing I selected, but I tried to vary it.

So here's a look at some Christmas in July items on Etsy.  Enjoy and Joyeux Noel!



1A:  Silver Believe Banner Image Courtesy AnyOccasionBanners
1B:  Christmas Subway Art Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
1C:  Le Pere Noel Ornament Image Courtesy ALaceAffair

I just love this Le Pere Noel Ornament in 1C.  Vintage newspaper lends such a great, antiqued look to anything, even something we typically associate with glass or ceramic, like ornaments.


2A:  Toys Wooden Christmas Sign Image Courtesy TheSquareNail
2B:  Joyeux Noel With Scrolls Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
2C:  White And Red Wooden Heart Scandinavian Decoration Image Courtesy ArtAngel

I had to include this Scandinavian decoration in 2C because it speaks to my heritage.   Christmas culture is so wonderful in Scandinavia.  From St. Lucia in Sweden to Finland's claim as Santa's home, it's really unique and very different from the sort of Coca-Cola Santa traditions we have here in the US.


3A:  Handpainted Christmas Wrapping Paper Image Courtesy OscarAndOllie
3B:  Elf Christmas Stocking Image Courtesy habitationBoheme
3C:  French Christmas Subway Art Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils
3D:  Christmas Card Retro Bicycle Image Courtesy anistaDesigns

These Elf Christmas Stockings in 3B are too cool.  The coffee and tea shop around the corner from me gives away their burlap bags and I am always tempted to take them, but I am painfully ashamed to admit I can't sew.  So props to habitationBoheme, these are super neat.


4A:  Wintry White Pinecone Wreath Image Courtesy EcoChicNYC
4B:  Partridge In A Pear Tree Pillow Image Courtesy ElsaBeta
4C:  Joyeux Noel No 25 Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils

I love this Partridge pillow!  I want a whole set of the 12 Days of Christmas pillows strewn about my living room for Christmas this year!


5A:  French Christmas Santa Gift Tags Image Courtesy TheNestinSLT
5B:  Red Reindeer Christmas Pillow Image Courtesy TheStudio202
5C:  Pere Noel Stencil Image Courtesy Maisondestencils

Love love love this Reindeer Christmas pillow.  I cannot get enough of red and white as a color combo.  It's so crisp and graphic.  I also think this is such a fun pattern.

As always, we've got a snazzy feature lined up for Friday.  Until then, Merry Julymas!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much ladies for featuring my tags on your blog - I'm truly honored. Such a great collection. Dru from The Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so not ready to think about Christmas yet, but I love these items and your Joyeux Noel No. 25 stencil is my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely finds! I'm flattered to have my heart ornament featured amongst them, thank you!

    ReplyDelete